Municipalities with #PHlgu tag tagcloud
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit independent research and training organization. IRRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IRRI develops new rice varieties and rice crop management techniques that help rice farmers improve the yield and quality of their rice in an environmentally sustainable way. We work with our public and private sector partners in national agricultural research and extension systems in major rice-growing countries to do research, training, and knowledge transfer. Our social and economic research also informs governments to help them formulate policy to improve the equitable supply of rice.
Mission: To reduce poverty and hunger, improve the health of rice farmers and consumers, and ensure environmental sustainability through collaborative research, partnerships, and the strengthening of national agricultural research and extension systems.
- Reduce poverty through improved and diversified rice-based systems.
- Ensure that rice production is sustainable and stable, has minimal negative environmental impact, and can cope with climate change.
- Improve the nutrition and health of poor rice consumers and rice farmers.
- Provide equitable access to information and knowledge on rice and help develop the next generation of rice scientists.
- Provide rice scientists and producers with the genetic information and material they need to develop improved technologies and enhance rice production.
Reference in Actor Atlas
Actor Atlas: International Rice Research Institute (IRRI)